- See background information on Shoulder Bursitis.
Your First Physical Therapy Visit for Your Shoulder Bursitis
Your physical therapist will likely ask you about your symptoms and your usual activities. Tell your PT whether you have had a shoulder injury or condition in the past. After you’ve answered your physical therapist’s questions, your therapist will conduct a thorough examination and evaluation of your shoulder.
After your initial evaluation for your shoulder bursitis, your PT will create a comprehensive treatment plan made specifically for you based on your needs and goals.
Physical Therapy Treatment Options for Shoulder Bursitis
Depending on the specific cause of your shoulder bursitis; your symptoms and other problems; and goals, your physical therapist may provide you with a combination of any of the following physical therapy treatments:
- Cold therapy (e.g. ice pack, ice massage)
- Heat packs
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) / Iontophoresis
- Ultrasound / Phonophoresis
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Joint mobilization
- Physical therapy exercises
- Range of motion (ROM) exercises
- Stretching / Flexibility exercises
- Progressive strengthening exercises
- Patient education
- About shoulder bursitis
- Precautions to observe during your recovery
- Self-care of symptoms (Home treatments)
- Activity or sports modification
- Injury prevention
- Suggest work or sports-specific rehabilitation program
The treatment options enumerated above will not be given at one visit only. Your physical therapist will be able to help you determine the best combination of physical therapy treatments that you will receive.
View More Topics On:
Conditions / Injuries | Physical Therapy | Health and Wellness
P.S.: Thank you for visiting our website. If you found this information helpful, please share it with your family or friends by clicking on the Share Buttons below. Thank You!